This position is the Human Resources Officer for AVC (Bureau of Arms Control, Verification and Compliance), PM (Bureau of Political Military Affairs), and ISN (Bureau International Security and Nonproliferation), reporting to the Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security. The incumbent serves as the T-bureaus most senior human capital/resources leader, responsible for managing the human capital/resources of the Bureau.
Learn more about this agency
* Plans work to be accomplished and sets priorities for subordinates based upon workload and abilities; and Manages the work of the organization through subordinate supervisors.
* On behalf of the Bureau, develops new strategic partnerships and service delivery arrangements with other Bureaus, and exercises delegated authority to commit Bureau resources and staff to ensure the success of these efforts.
* Sustains a learning environment with emphasis on continuous performance improvement; and Evaluates the performance of subordinate leaders and reviews their evaluations of division employees on work and administrative matters.
* Provides expert advice and guidance in the areas of workforce planning, position management and classification, staffing and placement, awards, employee and labor-management relations, performance management, and other HR functional areas.
* Analyzes functions, processes, and alternatives; implements process improvements, including new/revised policies and business practices; and coordinates these activities as necessary.
Occasional travel - Less than 5-10% of domestic travel will be required.
* Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
* New supervisors must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period.
* Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
* One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
* Experience developing and implementing employee recruitment, development, and retention programs.
* Experience providing advisory services on personnel issues.
* Experience reviewing, and analyzing strategy and policy for a full range of human resources issues.
* Experience providing recommendations for strategic planning affecting human capital programs.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-15 position.
In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
* Ability to assign, review, and supervise the work of others;
* Objectivity and fairness in judging people on their ability, and situations on the facts and circumstances;
* Ability to adjust to change, work pressures, or difficult situations without undue stress;
* Willingness to consider new ideas or divergent points of view; and
* Capacity to \"see the job through.\"
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, human resources generalist, operations partner, professional, representative