Are you an alum whose career path was shaped or transformed by your TWC experience? Would you like to continue enhancing your career development while you support current and incoming TWC participants as they launch theirs?
Then apply to become an Alumni Mentor, and return to live in residence with the TWC community, interacting and guiding interns while growing personally and professionally.
#### Core Responsibilities
* Facilitate the following activities for students which help foster a safe and supportive environment:
* Orientation support
* 1 on 1 engagement
* Group mentoring sessions
* Project based mentoring opportunities
* Use of TWC's learning management system to post activities.
* Support intern development through the organization of activities that align with our mission, such as crafting professional level events as well as participating in the large-scale events hosted by the Office of Student Services & Community Life.
* Serve as a go-to resource for both the TWC experience (knowledge about programs, staffing, policies and procedures) and external opportunities (networking events, DC culture and food scene, etc.)
* Uphold participant expectations and guidelines, as outlined in the TWC Code of Conduct.
* Support and serve as first level-responder in TWC's residential communities as part of an on-call rotation. Provide follow-up on interns of concern and front-line response for active conflicts as needed. Document any incidents/policy violations and on-call activities using TWC's reporting systems.
* Complete administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to trainings, development opportunities, and attending bi-weekly meetings. Complete administrative reporting, special assignments, and team focused responsibilities as well as providing prompt response to inquiries from interns, staff, faculty, and other key TWC stakeholders with accuracy and efficiency.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Commit to live in one of our residential facilities for 1 full term (15 weeks in fall and spring; 10 weeks in summer, plus additional weeks for training) and expect to devote at least 15-20 hours/week in this role which can be accomplished off regular work hours and weekends.
#### Essential Qualifications
* Successful completion of a Washington Center internship program (Please note, persons having only completed the seminar program should demonstrate an internship experience in their application materials.)
* Must demonstrate familiarity with TWC programs as well as the greater Washington metro area.
* Minimum 1 year of post baccalaureate professional work experience (Applicants with at least 1 year of completed post-graduate study will also be considered.)
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement experiences to meet specific established goals.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate situations and respond appropriately.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
#### Desired Qualifications
* Experience engaging with college students in a higher education setting.
* Demonstrated facility with online communication tools and social media; particular consideration for such with academic/community life platforms such as Schoology or Blackboard.
* Event planning/management experience.
* Crisis management experience.
#### Additional Terms and Conditions
Applicants are expected to complete a comprehensive training which includes but is not limited to TWC's guidelines and Code of Conduct, as well as undergo a criminal background check. Despite one term appointment, AM's are welcome to express on-going interest beyond the minimum commitment and consideration will be made based on enrollment and performance observations.
Please click here for more information on the application, timeline, and to complete the application form and submit your materials. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a priority deadline for applications set for March 8th at 4:59pm EST. For any questions, please email Quintin Veasley at ...@twc.edu. Please no phone calls.
Associated topics: administrative support, assist, assistant, associate, office assistant, operational assist, operator, production, support, usher