Job Fixed-term contract: No Status Full Time Anticipated Start Date 18-03-2019 For this position, Accor is not able to help a candidate to obtain work authorization.
Level of Education Others Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 3 to 5 years Languages essential English Optional languages French
Spanish (Working level)
Essential and optional requirements
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
As a Bartender with Opaline Bar, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and flavors that are hallmarks of our restaurant and lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bar Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Sofitel and its Ambassadors
The Sofitel brand is based on three core values guaranteed by each employee every day: A Passion for Excellence, an Essence of Pleasure and a Spirit of Openness.
Through their actions and know-how, the Men and Women that are the creators of Sofitels luxury, offer clients a highly personalised service.
By transforming every detail into a unique moment of pure comfort and elegance
, they create and nurture a relationship with their guests.
The Sofitel values are also at the heart of the communication between employees.
It is the legacy received and transmitted by all those involved in the brand to guarantee the continuity of the Sofitel spirit in the hotels and headquarters.
Associated topics: alcohol, bartender, beverage service, cocktail service, drink service, liquor, lounge, martini, pub bartender, tequila