If you are a current Skookum employee, please click here to apply.Auto WorkerWhere:
Washington, D.C (Naval Research Laboratory)Type:
Full Time, Non-ExemptWage:
Day Shift, Monday - FridaySkookum's mission is \"Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities\". Applications of individuals with disabilities are preferred. *To apply:
visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum is seeking an experienced Auto Worker who can perform a variety of semi-skilled to skilled tasks involving minor and major mechanical service and repair of automotive, (light, medium and heavy) vehicles, construction equipment, trailers, other power-driven equipment.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM's) and repair services as outlined in established technical manuals.
- Service and fuel transportation equipment, forklifts, generators, lawn maintenance equipment and other motor vehicles and equipment as assigned.
- Inspections and repairs brakes, suspension, wheels, hubs, steering and other vehicle systems.
- Maintains required work, time, material and equipment maintenance records to update equipment service workbook and daily task sheets consistent with current contract requirements.
- Assists master mechanic on major repair jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, removing subcomponents, reassembly, and installation of subcomponents.
- Provides assistance loading and unloading equipment, properly storing and inventorying transportation equipment parts and supplies.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience of light, medium, and heavy truck experience.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Must have a CDL B with Passenger Endorsement license or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must able to provide a general mechanic's toolbox.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow technical manuals, lube orders, wiring and hydraulic schematics to ensure proper diagnosis and repair during scheduled services.
- Knowledgeable of the regulations on hazardous material, hazardous waste, and the right to know information sheets.
- Must exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
Note - Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated pre-employment medical examination and drug screening for the position. Candidates must meet federal guidelines in order to be considered for this position.
- Valid State Driver License. CDL B with Passenger Endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain approval to operate a vehicle by Skookum's insurance carrier.
- Mustbe able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access.
Date Posted: 12/3/18