Building Consultant Sr
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts?. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To handle complex losses and claims servicing the aviation adjusting business for commercial and personal hull and liability claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages complex assignments with best-in-class service and expertise, delivering consistent value and trustworthy reporting to our customers. Management of these complex assignments includes but is not limited to site visits, generation of a complex scope of damages, high value cost estimating, project management and high stakes negotiations.
* Provides independent control of reconstruction job costs and time frames to insurers and property managers.
* Maintains accurate records based on company standards and procedures, using designated technology.
* Accurately and efficiently manages billings including documenting and maintaining billable hours on a time and expense basis, work in progress, and timely delivery of reporting to clients including contractors working on complex projects.
* Work closely with property claims adjusters to produce best-in-class one-stop-shopping for clients.
* Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required.
Eight (8) years of building construction and/or commercial building estimating experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent negotiating skills
* Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
* Must maintain valid driver's license with clean driving history
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required. Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead, lift/carry up to 50 pounds, push/pull up to 100 pounds and drive up to 4 hours per day.
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: construction manager, gcc, manager, project, project manager, public, public works, site, site supervisor, supervisor