NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Operations and Incident Manager to support our team in Washington, DC. This position is open only to candidates who are a US Citizen and clearable for a Public Trust.
Specific duties include:
* The Operations and Incident Manager (OIM) is responsible for coordination and execution of ongoing infrastructure operations, management, and maintenance.
* The OIM will work cooperatively with the EUSS Incident & Problem Manager to ensure proper focus on problem resolution and effective communications to the FTC user communities and shall provide the following types of support:
* Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
* Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery.
* Interface with OCIO management to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
* Direct timely support of security incident investigations and provide data and metrics to system ISSOs.
* Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
* Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
* Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
* Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.Serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such asbusiness, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the various sciences.
* Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized cybersecurity applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex cybersecurity problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
* Participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
* Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical cybersecurity problems in engineering and other scientific cybersecurity applications to arrive at automated solutions.
* Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and clearable for a Public Trust
* Education: Must have a Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or other related field. (1 ? years of experience = 1 year of college (non-degreed=6 years of experience)
* Experience: Must have 10 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 68years of experience with a Master's degree
* Certifications: Must have one of the following certifications:
* CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
* ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
* GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
* As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.