Executive Administrative Assistant, Global Government Affairs
9 2nd Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Careers that Change Lives
The Executive Administrative Assistant, Global Government Affairs will serve as a key member of Medtronic's Washington, DC Office and Global Government Affairs organization. This position serves as the DC Office Receptionist and initial point of contact for all internal and external visitors to the Office, including patients, customers, visiting Medtronic employees and senior company executives. It also serves as a key resource for Medtronic employees based in the Office full-time and in the Mid-Atlantic region who periodically work out of the office. Additionally, the position supports a vibrant and robust Global Government Affairs organization located in the heart of the Nation's Capital, including to provide support to the VP, Global Government Affairs - Americas. This is an opportunity for a self-directed, experienced professional to serve as a steward of Medtronic through this important Washington, DC Office role and contribute to meaningful and impactful public policy work and engagement.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
* Provide front office reception and related operational support for the approximately 30-person Washington, DC Office.
* Provide general administrative support to internal and external visitors, including assistance with all meeting and event logistics and related needs.
* Provide administrative support to the VP, Global Government Affairs - Americas, including preparing communications; maintaining schedules; coordinating travel; submitting expenses; coordinating meeting planning and logistics; helping to manage annual budget including submitting invoices and other budget-related activities; assisting with operational management of the Washington, DC Office; and performing other tasks and special projects as directed.
* Support compliance with U.S. lobbying and ethics laws.
* Provide day-to-day support for administration of Medtronic PAC, including compliance, reporting, event planning and scheduling and supporting the Medtronic PAC Board.
* Provide office-related support to employees based in the Washington, DC Office.
* Provide administrative support to the U.S. Government Affairs organization.
* Perform other office functions as directed, which may include setting up and maintaining files and administering inter-department programs and processes.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
* 6 years of administrative and/or project coordinator experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
* Experience with MS Office Applications
Nice to Have
* Prior government affairs experience
* Experience providing reception support
* Experience providing executive-level support
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects
* Experience planning and supporting large group meetings
* Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people at different levels
* Strong professional etiquette, including excellent communications skills
* Ability to handle varied situations professionally
* Experience working in a fast-paced organization
* Self-motivated, team player and strong work ethic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational support, administrative assistant i, administrative assistant ii, administrative assistant iii, administrative staff, executive assistant, gs 0341, operational support, staff assistant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.