Kaplan Test Prep is looking for a Psychometrician to join the Learning Science team to provide operational support for the delivery, maintenance and expansion of existing testing products. The position will focus, among other responsibilities, on collaborating with data and platform engineers to build and configure assessments and learning management on KTP's platform.
The Psychometrician will be responsible for developing infrastructure and standardized operating procedures for internal services serving content and business units in areas such as, but not limited to, item analyses, piloting, field test evaluations, test construction, test form assembly, algorithm implementation, etc. The position requires a highly motivated, driven and creative individual, able to multi-task independently under tight deadlines.
* Works closely with Lead Psychometrician on statistical analyses and directing research projects
* Collaborates with businesses to develop instructional objectives and test items
* Ensures quality control of data and analysis, results interpretation, and reporting.
* Conducts all aspects of operational work related to testing and assessment including data cleaning, calibration, scoring, quality control, and reporting
* Develop programming to automate evaluation and assessment data analysis procedures
* Performs tasks including item and test analysis, differential item functioning, and standard setting.
* Prepare technical reports and related documents
* Present data analysis to internal teams within Kaplan Test Prep and affiliates.
* PhD Degree in statistics, psychometrics, data analysis or related subject.
* Preferred to have 1-2+ years of organizational work experience
New York, NY, USA
Job Functional Area
Data Analytics/Business Intelligence
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer