Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you?re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF?together for tomorrow.
ICF is hirnig a TSM Administrator to support our work based out of Washington, DC. The TSM Admin is responsible for monitoring, correcting errors, and working together with technical support to isolate any non-specific error condition. Error or critical conditions include storage pool shortages, mirror write failures, communication errors, device problems, media errors, full or partial disaster recovery, and any other non-specific problems.
The TSM Administrator shall also perform Tivoli Storage Manager daily task and special server procedures including:
- Verify that the database file system has enough space.
- Examine the database percent utilization, available free space, and free-pages.
- Check the database and recovery log statistics.
- Run database backup when necessary.
- Verify that there is enough disk space in the file systems that contain the log files (ie. active, archive, etc.)
- Monitor reports from TOR make necessary corrections (ie. backups fail, storage pool overflows, license data, dedup ratios, total data per data type, etc.)
- Check events and summary table for process failures.
- Check both admin and client schedules for failures.? If they failed, research, correct and restart the schedule.
- Check activity log for errors.
- Check and collect accounting data.
- Check that the instance directory has sufficient space.
- Insure that the volhist, devconfig and dsmserv.opt files have been saved offsite either through email or PREPARE.
- Check libraries, tapes and paths to insure they are all online.
- Check libraries for cleaning tapes.? Order when usage is almost exhausted
- Insure migration completed successfully.
- Review the stgpool size to make certain there is enough space to hole all backups.
- Make sure the backups to copy stgpools are occurring on time.
- Check to insure vaulting ran successfully.?
- Monitor scratch volumes.
- Take corrective action for any data backup that does not complete successfully.
- Restore data services as requested and/or required within 24 hours.
- Use Operations Center monitoring software to monitor the backup infrastructure.
- Assist with the decommissioning and removal of backup devices, and support equipment.
- Ensure data is successfully backed up and properly stored in the event a restore is necessary.
- Follow written standards on properly handling data spills.
- Estimate the future growth of backup data when necessary.
- Provide data restore services as requested and/or required.
- Insure all Spectrum Protect software (server and client) is current and up to date
- Insure all drivers, firmware, etc. are current
- Current active DOD Security Clearance is required
- Must have extensive backup experience IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM);
- 5 years of full-time professional experience working in IT as system, server, database administrator
- Strong knowledge of LINUX and Window operating system
- Some knowledge of Avamar is required;
- 10 or more years of direct experience in a medium to large data backup environment;
- Seven (7) or more years of direct experience in backup tool and software with an emphasis on IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM);
- Proficient in NDMP backup and recovery;
- Proficient in SAN/NAS Storage and snap mirror and snapshot recovery;
- Proficient in Virtual Machine, Email, SQL, and SAP Hana backups;
- Proficient knowledge of UNIX/LINUX experience in data recovery for Microsoft Windows Server, LINUX Servers, Virtual Machines and IBM AIX servers;
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college majoring in Computer Science, Computer Security, Computer Networking or a related field of equivalent knowledge;
- In lieu of required years of experience, candidate may include certifications in the following disciplines:
- IBM Certified Administrator for TSM
- Microsoft Windows Server ? Minimum Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Red Had Certified Engineer
- 5+ years working with TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- 5+ years IBM SAN (Data Protector and Virtual)
- IBM Storwize V5000, V7000 SAN
- Redhat Linux
- IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Storage Manager
- SAN administration and Tivoli Storage Manager / Spectrum Protect Experience
- Experience with storage technologies: Brocade, NetApp amd IBM Storage
- Experience with DRM implementation, management and daily tape rotation
- Experience with Spectrum Protect housekeeping tasks, migration, and Storage pool management.
- Experience with Physical (IBM TS3200/TS3310) and virtual tape libraries (Quantum)
- Experience with Netapp NDMP backup
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange/SQL/Oracle/HANA TDP
- Experience with Library manager and library client architecture and configuration
- Experience with Spectrum Protect TDP for VMware environment
- Experience with SQL queries for TSM reporting
- Experience with shell scripting (bash or korn).
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE ? Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
?Pay Transparency Statement:?For more information, please click here:?
DC Client Office (DC88)