AT&T Enterprise Account Manager
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly.
Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
The Enterprise Account Manager, Telco will report to the North America Sales Director. This is a highly strategic sales role, and the candidate will have a demonstrated track record of large account sales success with experience in the Telco and Media Service provider area.
* Builds strong professional working C-level relationships with the client. Establishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives.
* Leverages executive sponsors and other HPE resources to strengthen HPEs relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
* Researches and understands the client's industry. Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
* Acts as a trusted advisor to Telco leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle. Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for HPE
* Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning HPE capabilities to Telco and Media business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
* Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
* Advocates for Telco and Media client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
* Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in HPE-conducted surveys and reports.
* Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow HPEs presence and share in the account.
* Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
* Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
* Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in HPE share, revenues, and margin. Represents the entire HPE PPS portfolio of products and services.
* Proactively protects HPE's position and claims HPE leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
* Proactively engages and manages partners to strengthen solution capabilities and drive greater value for the Telco customer and HPE.
* Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques
* Orchestrates all HPE resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
* Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
* Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned engagement and service.
* Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long-term business opportunities for HPE.
* Engages HPE sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage HPEs portfolio. Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account
* Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate customer needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
* Drives the account internationally/Globally Scope and Impact
* Typically qualifies and closes large deals of moderate to high complexity.
* Works with all levels of decision-makers in the customer organization including the CXO.
* Participates in account investment decisions in pricing and resources.
Education and Experience Required:
* University or Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree or MBA desired
* Experience in IT industry
* Experience in Telco and Media service provider
* Typically 12+ years account management experience
* Extraordinarily strong track record of account management and sales performance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Account/Business Development
* Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the VP/ level to align the Telco and Media clients business needs with HPE's solutions.
* Highly developed business development and negotiation skills at the VP/SVP level.
* Focuses on Telco client's key business challenges and drivers to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the VP/SVP level.
* Advocates for Telco and Media client's needs in negotiating solution sales and troubleshooting solution delivery issues.
* Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
* Creates an account governance plan where EAM identifies, and leads the account team appropriately for the Telco and Media client's needs and styles to continue to move a deal forward.
* Coaches teams on their individual contribution to their success in achieving the targeted business results.
* Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
* In-depth knowledge of Telco and Media client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
* Develops a comprehensive business-case approach in crafting customer proposals and in HPE-internal requests for resource and / or investments.
* Attracts, leads, and retains global resources.
* Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi-portfolio, large deals.
* Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the customer VP/SVP level.
* Deep knowledge of the Telco and Media Service Provider industry in general and the telco client's position, challenges and strategy within the industry.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends as related to opportunities to create added value for the client.
* Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills.
* Applies IT best practices specific to Telco and Media and the specific client
* Experience in working with AT&T Environment.
* Knows HPE's broad portfolio and how to integrate different solutions, or engages the appropriate resources, to create unique and innovative solutions for the customer.
* Specialty Knowledge
* Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
* Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the telco client's business needs with solution.
* Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
* Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage HPE's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
* Engineering background and ability to communicate to with Technical clients in the CTO / Architecture organization .
* Knowledge in Federal business practice is an advantage
* A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
* Diverse and dynamic work environment
* Work-life balance and support for career development
* Want to know more about HPE? Then let's stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.