For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
Enterprise Data Management (EDM) of Enterprise Analytics, addresses common data issues across the enterprise and enables a consistent, repeatable approach to manage data as a corporate asset. EDM has been working on creating the functions and foundation for a better management of data usage within the Postal Environment. EDM is implementing Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog tool to help providing visibility of organizational data. The EDC tool is one of the components to build metadata and a catalog of what data is stored in the USPS application data stores. The EDC tools works by:
* Scanning application data storage
* Cataloging and storing the metadata (in terms of tables and columns, related structures) in an internal repository
* The tool provides access to this catalog repository via secured web browser and enables visibility on what data is stored where.
In summary the EDC tool, offers insight into technical metadata of source applications, the flow of data across different application components and logical grouping of Data Domains.
* Enables Data Discovery (with a google like search of the repository) and Lineage Analysis.
* Enables vision of transformation logic and relationships between data assets.
* Enables association of business terms with technical assets.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
* Ability to reach out to teams for cooperation. Interactions may include coaching, interviewing, workshop facilitation, articulating need to socialize data and enable cooperation to build application metadata from various sources.
* Research data flow, visualization using EDC and AXON, build metrics for tracking, presentation and measure
* Research standard operating procedures and process enhancements to adopt to needs of varied data sources.
* Evaluate metadata cataloging methodology and document /articulate appropriate process improvements.
* Strong command of language to help govern metadata definitions and organize consensus on definition and processes.
* Request appropriate data access from various source systems, submit change request, update project plan and perform job related tasks in support of primary duties.
* Operational knowledge of Red Hat Linux, hands on experience in Unix shell scripting to track /automate the jobs using scripts.
* Ability to work with cross functional teams, perform root cause analysis and resolve complex issues.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* Strong knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Management Systems like Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
* Knowledge of Informatica ETL preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task