As a Lead Program Manager, you will manage the day-to-day functional requirements, impact and level of effort for Multiple Awards Schedules (MAS) consolidation and other FAS IT System modernization initiatives.
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Systems Management (OSM), Transformation Division, 1800 F Street, NW, Washington DC 20405
Learn more about this agency
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed for other GSA organizations.
You will function as the Lead Program Manager and manage the day-to-day functional requirements of a Division that impacts efforts for all government-wide acquisition systems managed by Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Systems Management (OSM) and will perform the following duties:
* Identifies systems impacted by proposed functional requirements and track requirements, design plan, test plan and implementation plan
* Provides senior project management to the specification, design, development and implementation of all specific business application enhancements and maintenance
* Makes recommendations to management for ways to improve and streamline business processes and operational effectiveness and efficiency
* Provides support to the Contracting Officer in monitoring contractor performance, acceptance testing and implementation of functional requirements; May serve as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
* Leads a working group of business owners and product owners performing substantive requirements on IT system modernization efforts
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
### Conditions of Employment
* US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
* Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
* Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable
* Register with the Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
* Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive,**Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.**
* Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
* Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
* Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
Your application will be considered if you are a:
* Internal Employees/Agency Employees Only - must be employed in Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area.
Internal Employees must be serving on career or career-conditional appointment, or under a noncompetitive Special Appointing Authority which provides for conversion to a permanent position in the Competitive Service.
For each job on your resume, provide:
* the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
* number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789 per year.
**S****PECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: **
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent at the GS-14 in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is leading and/or managing information systems projects. This experience must include creating and negotiating IT project plans; developing technical and functional requirements for business IT applications; leading IT functional groups composed of multiple user groups; and meeting and collaborating with business owners and stakeholders across multiple organizations. Experience must include managing the requirements and priorities across multiple development streams to align with strategic business priorities, across multiple teams through collaboration and communication, without direct supervisory authority. Such experience must include using Agile development.
Experience must include managing the requirements and priorities across multiple development streams to align with strategic business priorities, across multiple teams through collaboration and communication, without direct supervisory authority.
### Additional information
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
* Proficient in business management theories and practices sufficient to lead and direct initiatives for major projects from the preliminary planning phase throughout the entire project life cycle
* Expert knowledge of project management techniques and practices; highly-developed analytical capabilities and the ability to execute a wide variety of problem-solving techniques.
* Mastery of knowledge of business process improvement and ability to develop new theories or hypotheses for the root cause of sub-optimal processes and formulate innovative solutions
* Ability to determine objectives and strategies; coordinate with other parts of the organization to accomplish goals; monitors and evaluates the progress and outcomes of operational plans; anticipates potential threats or opportunities
* Ability to lead a team of technical and professional staff in developing, coordinating, and implementing operations and technical activities and requirements
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under GSA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
**To preview questions please click here.**
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
* **GSA OIG Employees:** Submit latest SF 50 (other than award SF 50)
* **If you are**ICTAP/CTAP** eligible** - **submit a, b, and c**: **(a)** proof of eligibility including agency notice; **(b)** SF-50, and **(c)** most recent performance appraisal.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
You will have access to many benefits including:
* Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
* Life insurance coverage with several options
* Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
* Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
* Flexible work schedules
* Transit and child care subsidies
* Flexible spending accounts
* Long-term care insurance
* Training and development
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job.
To begin, click the **Apply Online** button on the vacancy announcement.
* Sign in or register on USAJobs and select a resume and documents to include in your application.
* Once you have clicked **Apply for this position now**, you will be taken to the GSA site to complete the application process.
* Click the **Apply To This Vacancy**and complete all steps in the application process until the Confirmation indicates your application is complete. **If you click Return to USAJobs or get timed out prior to receiving confirmation, your application will not be submitted and cannot be considered for this job.**
* **Note: **Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTSsection of this announcement to determine which apply to you and must be submitted online. You may choose one or more of the following options to submit your document(s): **Upload** (from your computer); **USAJOBS** (click the \"USAJOBS\" link to complete the transfer process) or **FAX** (read the \"Fax instructions\" provided prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information).
** Need Assistance in Applying?** Contact the HR representative listed on the announcement prior to the application deadline. We are available to assist you Monday-Friday during normal business hours. You must receive HR approval before deviating from these instructions. **Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.**
### Agency contact information
### Amina Hamilton
GSA, Federal Acquisition Service
General Services Administration
Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM)
1800 F Street NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20405
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
After the closing date/deadline:
1. **ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS:** Your application will be reviewed for all requirements.
2. **REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT:** If you meet all the requirements, you may be referred to management for review and a possible interview.
3. **SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER:** If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer and start the suitability and/or security background investigation process.
4. **FINAL JOB OFFER:**Once our security office determines you can come on board, you will be given a final offer, which is typically 40 days after the announcement closes.
5. **FINAL COMMUNICATION:** Once the position is filled, we will notify you of your status. You may also check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications.
**Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!**
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526422900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03/06/2019 to 03/18/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 15
*Salary:* $134,789 to $164,200 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-time
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task