If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at the Fairmont Washington, D.C. Located in Washington's fashionable West End, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard.
Reporting to the Executive Steward, the Assistant Executive Steward is responsible supervising the operations of the stewarding department during the morning, afternoon, and evening shifts to ensure proper ware, washing and kitchen utensil sanitation. The Assistant Executive Steward is expected to maintain the back of the house and all outlets surfaces as well as keeping all utensils clean and in compliance with all Health Department requirements and Fairmont guidelines.
* Responsible for the operation of the Stewarding department in the absence of the Executive Steward
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Supervise the activities of stewards, pot washers, and night cleaning company to ensure proper utensil sanitation and storage
* Comply and assure compliance with all safety standards
* Monitor and comply with all loss prevention guidelines.
* Check banquet hallway, loading dock, and receiving area for cleanliness.
* Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen, storerooms, hallways, dock and equipment.
* Work closely with Executive Steward
* Must perform all steward duties
* Help maintain par of china, glass, silver, and miscellaneous serving equipment
* Assist the chef in dishing out catered meals
* In the absence of the Executive Steward, the Assistant Executive Steward attends weekly BEO meetings; conducts monthly departmental communication meeting to share and disseminate information and attends any other meetings as required.
* Train stewards as required
* Other duties as required.
* Previous stewarding experience is required
* Previous supervisory experience required
* Knowledge of all Food and Beverage outlets
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be an effective supervisor and trainer, administrative knowledge an asset.
* Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job function.
* Current Serve Safe training and First Aid Training an asset.
* Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines, adapt to change and perform with a high level of energy at all times.
* Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Medium work ? Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts?and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities?throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific?as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!