What You Will Be Doing
- Provide leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned project.
- Director of Construction is responsible for support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Superintendent.
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
- Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manage compilation of GC provided GMP documents.
Course of Construction:
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Organize and run project meetings.
- Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manage subcontractor change orders.
- Review and approve entire subcontractors and suppliers pay request.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Log and distribute new project documentation.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project setup.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractors work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when necessary.
What You Need for this Position
Must have skills:
- Five (5) plus years of Project Management experience within the Ground-Up Multifamily space
- Five (5) plus years years of General Contracting / Owner-Builder Experience
- Recent Ground-Up MultifamilyConstruction experience
- Wrap Style Building experience
- Type-III Wood Framing on Multifamily Structures experience