Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
For nearly 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by DiversityInc magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes magazine, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune magazine.
Currently, Chubb is seeking a Personal Lines Risk Consultant for the Washington D.C. territory with physical location in the DC Metro Area.
* Conduct inspections to determine accurate replacement costs, analyze risk acceptability, identify potential loss producing problems and make clear and feasible recommendations
* Market Chubb's competitive advantages to all Personal Lines customers to assist in acquiring and/or retaining accounts and contribute to the profitability of the business unit
* Conduct regular contractor interviews regarding current construction costs and building trends within the territory
* Identify cross sell/upsell opportunities and communicate them to Marketing and Underwriting
* Collaborate with Marketing and Underwriting on building costs, territory trends, and unacceptable risk characteristics
* Provide timely and flexible calendar availability in collaboration with dispatch to meet service requirements
* Understand risk characteristics inherent in the territory (i.e. CAT exposures)
* Meet or exceed Appraisal service standards
* Travel on an as needed basis including occasional/periodic overnight travel
Candidates must possess the required skills in order to be considered for this position as follows:
* Personal lines risk consulting/engineering experience preferred
* Ability to:
* demonstrate strong acumen in identifying different types and styles of construction, protection and unique features found in residential homes
* ability to articulate and convey Chubb's value proposition to a wide variety of constituents internally and externally
* manage multiple deadlines and priorities while maintaining a heavy travel schedule
* deliver exceptional service to internal and external customers
* meet or exceed deadlines for submitting appraisal reports
* work both independently and within a team environment using multiple internal and external resources appropriately, effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively
* Demonstrated strength in the following areas:
* written and oral communication in addition to mathematical skills
* presentations both one-on-one and in a group setting
* discipline, organization and self-motivation in addition to strong time management skills
* teamwork , collaboration and agility
* technology including but not limited to laptops, tablets, Microsoft suite of software, appraisal programs
Educational and Experiential Requirements
* Bachelor's degree
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.