The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfillment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers. Aligning to AXP's framework for winning, we will create the world's best Loyalty & Benefits experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications collaborating across the enterprise. Our platform needs to transform to enable value working with colleagues across servicing, global digital channels, products and partnerships, ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer's lives. The Director of Platform Development and Management will support the development and roll out of new global loyalty platform (R42). The role will lead team responsible for capabilities and solutions management that support the platform level backlog to enable inner-sourcing objectives to meet for this new ecosystem. The incumbent and his/her team are responsible for:
* Establishes and maintains strong relationships and partner with Product Management, Architecture and Engineering ensuring delivery of a Platform backlog that supports R42 deployment across Loyalty & Benefits use cases
* Own and drive the inner-source strategy for R42 including customer on boarding, developer experience and linkage with other enterprise wide frameworks/ecosystems
* Owns status tracking, communication and reporting of Loyalty & Benefits work effort with central program delivery teams.
* Own technical and product documentation, customer onboarding experience and skill development for consuming teams to make R42 ready for inner-source.
* Process, collaborating effectively across multiple cross-functional teams to skillfully execute on milestones and deliverables in a timely manner
* Proactively anticipates any risks and issues that may arise during the delivery to ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are undertaken
* Participates in the engagement of delivery and/or support teams, negotiating where necessary to resolve any resourcing conflicts that may arise due to availability or skill
* Actively engages in resourcing processes to ensure organization agility, drives roadmap planning of high impact and strategic initiatives
* Strong collaboration with Product Owners, Technical Product Owners, Business partners, Compliance/Legal/GCO/Finance/MR CoE and Reporting teams
Qualifications A successful candidate will have:
* A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
* Strong analytical and product development or product management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results and lead teams;
* Strategic thinker with strong customer focus;
* Assertive and collaborative, with the ability to drive innovation and change management
* Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines, thrive in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands;
* Strong team player with a can do attitude who is able to work with virtual and global teams and lead team members in different time zones
* Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills;
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners, stakeholders and executives to drive collaboration and alignment;
* Bachelor's degree in business or technical field such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, Master's degree in business is highly preferred
* Time-zone flexibility required. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don't make a difference without it. Don't live life without it.