Welcome to the ACC!
At the American College of Cardiology, we bring our hearts to work.
We are a 500-person organization dedicated and committed to our mission to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health for the past 70 years. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate culture that envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes.
Every day, we are committed to supporting our more than 52,000 members and their patients around the globe and in doing so, ensure our staff have a positive environment of teamwork, collaboration, professionalism and excellence. Our focus on creating a culture where our employees are challenged, inspired, and have work-life balance is why we have been named as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare for the past three years!
Function and Scope:
The Membership Support Associate is responsible for providing administrative support for programs and associated activities within the Membership Division and for the Director of Diversity and Inclusion of the American College of Cardiology (ACC). This position will support the day to day operations of the Membership Division. This is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid-career professional to gain experience in a fast-paced, exciting environment. Multi-tasking and efficiency are key aspects of this role.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for scheduling meetings, setting up conference calls, coordinating meeting logistics to include calendar management and travel arrangements.
* Track and submit departmental invoices.
* Maintain and submit departmental contracts.
* Maintain website content.
* Compile and disseminate meeting minutes as needed.
* Other duties as necessary in support of Business Operations Department and Membership Division.
* Bachelor's degree.
* At least one year of demonstrated success in a professional setting, managing administrative duties, and juggling multiple responsibilities (internship experience will be considered).
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and proofreading, with high degree of interpersonal skills.
* Ability to follow through on assignments/duties in a timely and complete manner.
* Ability to be self-motivated, flexible, and prioritize/handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Attention to detail and accuracy in all assignments. Ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Positive attitude with a willingness to accept varied assignments.
* Possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and SharePoint).
* Flexibility for early morning or late evening conference calls when necessary.
* Some travel required.
* Membership database administration experience. Ideally an AMS system such as Personify.
* Experience in healthcare industry or nonprofit association.
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.
ACC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Crystal Nott, Director, Talent Management at ...@acc.org or (202)###-####.
Associated topics: cardiology, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, congestive, electrophysiology, heart, hhp, interventional, non interventional, non invasive